THE ILLUSTRIOUS JOURNEY
- SPRM has earned international fame with performance at the World Trade Fair held in Indonesia, apart from that it has been enthralling audiences by performing in many countries of Middle East, Europe, Africa and America over the years.
- SPRM has performed in the overseas countries like Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, Dubai, Oman, Qatar, Syria, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Egypt, Bahrain, Israel, Algeria, Germany, Spain, Netherland, Hungary, Portugal, France, Russia, Zimbabwe, Fujairah and so on with display of the world famous Garba folk dance art of Gujarat.
- It has also performed in Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Saaf Games, Saarc Film Festival and in Krishi Mela, Tarnetar Folk Fair etc. and made Gujarat as well as the country proud.
- In 1940, Jamsaheb of the princely state Jamnagar gifted them a sword with a golden handle and affectionately called its jumping artists as 'Dears of Bhal Pradesh'.
- Ford Foundation - USA, British High Commission - Briton, and many dignitaries round the world including Dr. Nelson Mandela have whole-heartedly appreciated the art of SPRM.
- Artists of SPRM have also catered their folk art in feature films of V. Shantaram's Navrang, and in the Gujarati movies like Kanku Pagla, Virangana Nathibai, Nagmati Nagwalo, Ame Pardesi Paan etc.
- In the famous song 'Nagada sang dhhol baaje' of Sanjay Leela Bhanshali's popular feature film 'Ram Leela' SPRM artists guided the hero of the film Mr. Ranveer Singh and the dance master Mr. Dharmesh for various steps and provided proper direction.
- Leading TV Channels: Zee media, Star TV, Star Sports, ETV, Doordarshan, Astha TV, Sanskar TV, BBC News, Al-Zazeera, Egypt TV, and Radio channels : Akashvani, Dubai Radio, and many other local and overseas TV-Radio channels have broadcast the folk dances of SPRM.
- Renowned national newspapers like Times of India, Indian Express, The Observer, The Hitavada, Rajasthan Patrika, Phulchhab, Janmabhumi, Gujarat Samachar, Sandesh, Akila, Lok Samarthan, Bhoomi, Nobat, Dainik Bhaskar, Divya Drashti, Jansatta, Navbharat Times and international newspapers like The Peninsula, La Region, Gulf News,Times of Oman, Gulf Times, Syria Times, Al Thavara, Al Sabiba, Terrace De Lemose and many more have earnestly lauded the art of SPRM.